Wednesday, June 18, 2014

How to clean bath toys

The tip for this week is a quick and easy way to clean those rubber bath toys that like to attract mold. I'm embarrassed to say this but the toys in the picture below are our toys. I never really thought about cleaning them because I thought they were ok. I have found myself throwing away toys which then ends in a 5 year old melt down. Not anymore I will be adding this cleaning trick to a monthly list so they don't get gross like they were.
Gross! All the black is the nasty mold

This Pinterest tip comes from WE LOVE BEING MOMS! There are two ways for cleaning the toys Vinegar and Bleach. I went with the Bleach way because my kids are older and don't put the toys in their mouths and also because I didn't have any vinegar on hand.  Also on the blog she made a really good tip to prevent this from happening you can hot glue the holes from preventing water getting inside and causing mold. I will be doing this but most of our toys are squirt ones so I will be sticking to the bleach to clean them.

For this easy cleaning tip all you need is water and 3/4 cup of bleach for every gallon of water. Place the toys into the water and let soak for about an hour.
Once its time take an old rag to wipe the toys and you can also squeeze in some bleach water into the toy and shake. This will help release the mold inside.Once all the toys are wiped off rinse them off and let them soak again in hot water to make sure all the bleach gets off the toys.  And that's it Simple and you saved a toy from the trash can.
All clean!

If you have some nasty bath toys try this before throwing them away it will save you money so you don't have to always keep replacing bath toys.

For other helpful cleaning tips check out my pinterest!
Follow Kristina Morud's board Cleaning around the house on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment