Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Grape (Kool-aid) Playdough



This weeks activity for the kids is a fun one and it smells great. I still have many packets of Kool aid just floating around my kitchen and I really don't want my kids drinking that much so I have been searching Pinterest for some things I could do with the kids. A couple weeks ago I posted Kool Aid bubbles if you haven't checked it make sure to check it out that one was fun my 2 year old loved it. This activity came from The connection we share. Thank you for this great fun activity.

Before making this I always thought it takes awhile to make and it will be one giant mess. Boy was I wrong. I think the prep/cook time was only 10-15 minutes but that was with no kids helping. I tip toed into the kitchen without any one hearing me :) So it was a nice surprise when I told the kids lets go outside and play with Grape play dough. This was the softest play dough we have played with before and so much fun.

Here is how you can make your own Kool Aid playdough

What you will need:
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
1 pkg Kool Aid (any flavour/colour of your choice – we used grape)
1 cup boiling water
1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil


Directions:
1.) In a bowl mix together the flour, salt and the Kool Aid

2.) Stir in the boiling water and oil and Mix really well. Kneed with hands for about 2 minutes till the flour is well blended.

3.) Have fun join your kids for some mommy and me time.
When finished store in a air tight container or Ziplock bags to keep it fresh and soft.

For more great things to do with the kids check out my past post above and also check out my Pinterest board.
Follow Kristina Morud's board Things to do with the Kids on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment