Wednesday, August 6, 2014

DIY Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment


Today's Pinterest tip is a perfect Mommy time. As mom's we know your needs always put on the back burner or at least for the most part. I know it's this way at my house. When I found this pin from Discount Queens I was excited to give it a try. My hair has been so dry this summer so I decided to give it a try this week. And I'm so glad that I did my hair is so soft still 3 days later and I keep catching myself running my fingers through it. I will be doing this more often and it was so simple and your guaranteed at least an hour to yourself!

What you will need
- Hydrating Conditioner (Any kind will work I used 97 cent one and it was perfect)
-Plastic bag or shower cap (I used a plastic Walmart bag which worked perfect)
- Heated towel fresh out of the dryer


Before you start anything you want to make sure to place your towel into the dryer. The hotter the towel is the better this will work.

1.) Take a shower and wash your hair like normal. Once finished  you want to add the conditioner to your saturated hair. Apply all over but you want to make sure that you add a lot to the bottoms because that is where you hair will be have more dry spots.
2.) Once you have the conditioner all over your head you want to place your hair into the plastic bag and tie around your head. The tighter the better.
3.) Remove towel from dryer and wrap around the bag. Again tighter the better. Let sit for 15 minutes this is where I grabbed my book and didn't feel guilty about my alone time!
4.) After 15 min rinse out (I re-washed my hair because of the oils). And that's it you have saved a couple of bucks and your hair is soft and silky!

For more great Beauty tips make sure to check back next week or until then check out my Pinterest board

Follow Kristina Morud's board Health and Beauty on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment