Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Clean eating Taco Lettuce Wraps



Happy Monday! Today I have a yummy recipe that my 2 year old loved to death. Who would have thought that a 2 year old would go crazy about Taco Lettuce wraps. The recipe that I found on Pinterest called for regular taco seasoning but I went on to fine a clean eating taco seasoning and found a yummy recipe that is our new Taco seasoning in our household. I found the clean eating seasoning on Get-fit-Naturally

Clean eating Taco Seasoning-
Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp. ground cumin
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. chili powder
*This recipe does have a kick to it if you want to eliminate some of the kick leave out the cayenne pepper and add 1/2 tsp. of paprika. This is what I did for my seasoning.
Directions
Blend all spice together. Use about 1 tablespoon of mix per pound of meat.

Now for the lettuce part this recipe came from the Taylor house thank you for this yummy recipe that my family has fallen in love with during our new healthy lifestyle adventure.
This recipe is a simple and easy dinner to have ready in 30 min or less!
Taco Lettuce Wraps-
Ingredients:
Ground meat (turkey or beef)
Taco seasoning
Lettuce
3/4 cup water 
And your favorite taco toppings
Directions:
1.) Brown your meat
2.) Add your taco seasoning and water and Simmer for 5 minutes
3.) Using your lettuce as a boat add your meat and toppings.
And that's it you are ready to enjoy this yummy dinner with your love ones. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

For more recipes check out the tab above or follow my Pinterest board
Follow Kristina Morud's board Yummy food to try- Healthy eating on Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment