Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Glow in the Dark Bowling



Summer time is here and I have been in search of outside activities for home and for when we go camping this season. After seeing this on a Pinterest pin and knowing how much my kids love glow sticks this was a perfect family activity one night..

Even though we didn't get to try this outside in the dark yet we played it inside in the dark hallway and my kids had a blast. It was so much fun the bottles have found a new home in our outside toy box and they love playing just bowling with them during the day. 


I bought everything for this activity at the dollar tree
  • Water bottles (as many as you like I used 3 which was perfect for my 2)
  • Glow sticks (1 for each water bottle)
  • A Ball


The pin said to just add the stick to the water but I had dump most of the water out because it was to heavy to knock down for my young ones.  If you are doing this activity with older ones you will be OK but with little ones do an inch of water at the bottom of the bottle then add 1 stick to each bottle. Now you are ready for some glow bowling fun.
This was the original amount before dumping most of the water out.

If you are doing this at home and still need to do bath time my kids favorite thing is to take the glow sticks in the bath with them. Might as well get more use out of those sticks. Two fun things in one night your kids will think you are the coolest mom ever (but I'm pretty sure they already think that!)

Hope your family enjoys this awesome activity as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment