Thursday, May 29, 2014

Cheese tortellini With Italian Sausage


For this recipe I saw it on Pinterest however, when you clicked on the picture it took you to a non existing page. Don't you just hate when that happens.So I decided I could come up with something like the picture because it looked to good to pass up. The recipe that I came up with was so simple that dinner was ready in a 30 minutes or less. This recipe will be perfect for those crazy nights when you have many places to run to and not enough time to cook.

Ingredients:
  • 16 oz of Cheese tortellini (next time I make this I will probably add more because it was only enough for small bowls)
  • 1 jar/can of your favorite Spaghetti sauce 
  • 3 links of Italian sausage or has much as your family likes.


Directions:
  1. Start by slicing your sausage links and place them in a pan to brown. You can add oil for this step however I didn't and it worked perfect.Once you start browning the meat you want to get a pot of water started for the tortellini. To help the tortellini from sticking add a little bit of oil into the water
  2. Once the sausage is cooked add it to the spaghetti sauce in another pot and place it on low to heat up the sauce. At this stage this is when you want to add your tortellini to the boiling water. I used frozen tortellini and it only took 3 minutes at the most to cook. When you have all your tortellini floating you are ready to drain it.
  3. After you drain the water you can either add the pasta to the sauce mix or you can leave it separate and add your own sauce. Because in our family we have picky sauce people I left it separate. With doing this I had end of dinner I had enough sauce to add to add to another dinner.
    Hope your family enjoys this as much as ours did!


No comments:

Post a Comment