Monday, September 8, 2014

Cinnamon Sugar Apple Chips


Hi everyone sorry for missing last week the back to school bugs hit our house hard. Hope that's it for a while because two sick cranky kids was not fun one bit.

Today I have a yummy recipe that came from Jessica in the kitchen. With it now being September I'm looking forward to all the fall recipes and activities we have plans. And this was a favorite of mine growing up. I don't like plan apples...I know crazy but I love Apple Chips. Instead of munching on unhealthy chips this is perfect. To make them even more healthier you can skip the sugar and just use the cinnamon.

While making these I noticed I need a apple corer and a nice slicer ...honey if your reading this Christmas gift idea ;). As you can tell some of my apples where thick because I was using a knife and I'm not the best cutting thin with a knife it's usually me that I cut.

Ingredients
  • 2-4 apples (I only did 2 this time)
  • Cinnamon
  • Sugar


Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Thinly slice apples with a mandolin. On a greased baking sheet, Aarange apple slices so they aren't overlapping.
  3. In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of apple chips.
  4. Bake on the top rack of your oven for 2 hours until chips are dry and crisp. Flip half way through for even cooking.
  5. Remove from oven and let them cool completely. 
  6. Store in a zipped plastic bag for up to 3 days to stay crispy.


Hope you enjoy this recipe just as much as our family did.

For more recipes check out the tab above and also check out my Pinterest board.Follow Kristina Morud's board yummy food to try on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment